Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Terrace

Last Friday, I had to spend all day in a meeting at the Memorial Union. Spending all day in a meeting is one thing, but having a brat and corn for lunch is quite another. Plus, how can you argue with this view?

My co-workers mocked me for how I eat my corn. I like to savor each kernel, which means I eat my rows in total, two or three of them at a time, but I leave no bits still on the cob. After all, if you love corn on the cob, why would you eat it inefficiently?

And after the meeting broke up? Beer, popcorn, and good company. And with my co-workers no less. Even after they mocked me.

I'll have to refer back to this post in February when I need a little pick me up.

2 comments:

Russ said...

Oh, wow, look at what a gorgeous day it is there...if there is one thing that will always make me miss Madison, that's it.

Matt W said...

I work there...
I almost prefer the skiftskeller to outside. Less noise, cooler air, less drunks...
And no disgusting algae smell to drive one mental.